OVERVIEW OF THE SECTOR PACKAGING
Statistics, news & updates: everything you need to know about the Packaging Industry in India
- Industry Clusters
- Growth Drivers
- Key Players
- Market Stats
As the Packaging Industry in India grows, this sector is very interesting for investors and producers. The largest part of the industry still is rigid packaging, with laminate and flexible packaging on the growth path. The Packaging sector is inter-related with other industries, such as Food Processing or Pharmaceuticals, so their growth impacts the Packaging Industry as well. It has also helped pro-longing the shelf life of many products, which validates the increasing demand of packaged consumer goods. In India, one can find a large base of raw materials available that can be used to manufacture packaging products. An increasing trend of using eco-friendly or recyclable materials in Packaging at comparatively low manufacturing costs opens opportunities to foreign companies and technology. In 2016, the size of the packaging industry was at $32 billion which constitutes 4% of the global packaging industry. With many innovations happening, it is expected to reach $73 billion by 2020. This makes it a good opportunity for companies wanting to enter or expand the market.
Please see our latest Packaging Industry Newsletter here!
- Increasing demand for packaged goods
- Laminated products are growing at 30% per year
- Growing middle class, liberalizations and organized retail sector
- Food and Pharmaceutical packaging are the largest sectors for the Packaging Industry
- Boom in E-Commerce
- Good export market
Key Players in India
- 3M,Tetra Pak, Huhtamaki, Perfect Pack S.r.l., Ecobliss, Multivac, Bosch
- Essel Propack, Uflex, Balmer Lawrie, Ess Dee, max India Ltd., Ecoplast, Oricon Ent, Bajaj, AMD Industries, Jindal Poly Films Ltd., Flexituff, Polyplex Corp., Xpro India, Time Technoplast Ltd.
updated in May 2017
- Annual industry turnover of $16.5 billion per year
- Industry value in 2016 was $32 billion
- Packaging machinery imports of more than $100 billion
- Current CAGR of 15%
- India constitutes 4% of the global Packaging Industry