INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION SECTOR OVERVIEW
Statistics, news & updates: everything you need to know about the Industrial Automation Industry in India
- Industry Clusters
- Growth Drivers
- Key Players
- Market Stats
Recent developments in factory optimisation have forced the need to adapt machinery and other processes to make manufacturing more effective. Industrial Automation sector is opening up many opportunities for technical companies that are innovative and can cater for example to automotive or agricultural companies. Further on, factors like innovations in IT, an emerging middle class and an augmented disposable income help the industry grow in India. Demand is further expected to increase in the coming years as companies need more Automation to remain competitive. Industrial Automation is becoming an important part of companies producing in India that apply latest technologies.
India is moving towards Industry 4.0 and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) which will emerge as game changer for the manufacturing Industry. Known for its large number of engineering graduates and professionals, India provides a great pool of skilled labour for the Industrial Automation sector. As this industry is one of the present and for the future, companies interested in entering India will find good business opportunities.
Please see our latest Industrial Automation Industry Newsletter here!
- Growth in demand for sustainable and energy efficient products
- Relaxation of FDI policies in manufacturing and other industries
- Factory Automation becomes more and more important for competitiveness of companies
- Pioneering country for research in robotics
- India emerges as a preferred sourcing destination for Industrial Automation
Key Players in India
- Siemens, ABB, GE, Endress+Hauser, Schneider Electric, Honeywell, Omron, Mitsubishi Electric, Rockwell, B&R Industrial Automation, IFM Electronic
- Enpro Industrial Automation Pvt. Ltd., Larsen&Toubro, Titan Automation Solutions, SMEC Automation, Voltas, Adage Automation
- Industry sales expected to reach $197 billion by 2020
- 12% CAGR forecasted for the years of 2015-2020
- India ranks third worldwide in implementing robotic automation